DigiPrint brings simplicity of creating and verifying the fingerprints or hashes of any file on your computer system. DigitPrint supports: MD5, SHA1, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512, RIPEMD128, RIPEMD160, CRC16, CRC32 and ADLER32 hash algorithms. It also provide the capability of HMAC (Hash-based Message Authentication Code). This is a specific construction for calculating a message authentication code (MAC) involving a cryptographic hash function in combination with a secret key. As with any MAC, it may be used to simultaneously verify both the data integrity and the authenticity of a message. DigiPrint supports HMAC-MD5, HMAC-SHA1, HMAC-SHA256, HMAC-SHA384 and HMAC-SHA512.
From a file security and integrity perspective, the fingerprint of a file is a coded string of binary digits (generated by a mathematical algorithm) that uniquely identifies a data file. Used in detecting tampering of electronically transmitted messages, a digital fingerprint (just like the analog fingerprint of a person) cannot be reconstructed from any other digital fingerprint. It is because two files that differ even by a single character will have completely different digital fingerprints.
Now available from the Apple Store.
Click each screenshot below to see larger image.
- Verify and validate files downloaded match the hash value from the original source
- Ability to save all hashes for each selected file to a text file
- Ability to specify defaults hashes to calculate
- Ability to specify default directory to store created text files
- Ability to drag and drop files to have hashes calculated
- Ability to create hashes for folders and application bundles (1.0.3)
- Ability to save and restore screen position (1.1.0)
- Ability to perform Side by Side comparison of Folders/Application Bundles (1.1.0)
- Side by Side compare supports drag and drop (1.1.0)
- Improved performance and reported cosmetic issues corrected (1.1.0)
- Multi-platform support:Mac OSX and Windows XP and higher